Maggie brought some of this over to our apartment once and it was so good. I am happy she taught me how to make it!
1 lb. of fresh strawberries
3 tbsp. lemon juice
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. water
1 c. Cool Whip (or similar)
1. Combine all except cool whip.
2. Heat slowly until mixture comes to a boil
3. Cook about 8 minutes, then remove from heat and cool
4. Blend the cool whip and the mixture together at a low speed
5. Store soup in the refrigerator in a covered container for at least 4 hours.
6. Serve cold
Notes: We like to eat this by itself but you could also put it on pancakes or ice cream etc.