Monday, August 19, 2013

Winter Olympics

Date: June 6th, 2009

As I searched through some old photos, I found these photos from a cake contest a few years ago.  We had so much fun making this, and I remember how extremely heavy it was to carry.  I still can't believe we were able to get it to the church in one piece. 

Team: Marcia Van Camp, Linda & Nick Peterson
Theme: Olympics!!!

 
 
Many cakes were baked and assembled

 Before the frosting begins

 Laying down the track

Look at the cute lil' trees and the fresh powdery (delicious) snow   

 Front view of all the winter events

 umm...these were harder than we thought

 action shot!
 
 Half-pipe with a snowboard

 Extreme skiing

 Down the black diamond

Look at the aerial!
 
The audience is speechless...

 Ohh....ahhh....!!!

The winners!
 
Oh my...this creation was so so big.  It took up the whole kitchen table
 
The luge
 
Arms of steel carrying the cake to the judges table
 
First prize, we are so happy!

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know whether to eat the cake or compete in it. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete