Submitted by Casey Van Camp...taste tested and deliciously approved!
We are assuming you are making several so might as well get enough ingredients!
1 loaf of pumpernickel-rye swirl bread
1 package of saurkraut
1 bottle of thousand island dressing
1 package of corned beef
1 package of swiss cheese
1/2 stick of softened butter
These directions are for 1 sandwich...make as many as you want!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Take 2 pieces of bread, butter the outside of each (like grilled cheese sandwichs) and place those butter side down on a cookie sheet
3. Spread thousand island dressing liberally on the inside of each piece of bread (don't forget the edges)
4. Place a slice of cheese on each piece of bread
5. Place slices of corned beef on ONE slice of bread (up to you how much meat you want!)
6. Pile a nice even layer on top of the corned beef (quantity up to you, just keep it even)
7. Close up that sandwich!
8. Put it in the oven for approx. 10 minutes or until golden brown
Enjoy with some pretzels!