Submitted by Marcia Brisson
This is from a recipe book I received at church but no author is cited.
5 to 6 large cooking apples (7 cups) chopped
1 cup apple juice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1. Core, peel, and chop apples
2. Combine with sugar and juice in crock pot
3. Cover and cook either on low for 6-8 hrs or on high for 2-3 hrs (both work great)
4. Remove mixture from crock pot and blend on high until smooth (try to use a blender because otherwise it will splatter all over)
5. Return apples to crock pot and add spices
6. Cook on low for 1/2 to 1 hr until mixture reaches desired consistency (I like mine really thick)
7. Taste it and if you want to add more spices go right ahead :0)
Notes: I have used all kinds of apples from tart to sweet and they all turn out really well.