Date tried: 7-10-09
From: Thrifty Fun Recipes. Doug likes these.
Submitted by: Mother Crumb
1 ½ cups rolled oats
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar, packed
¾ cup butter
14 ounce can whole cranberry sauce
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Grease a 9x9 inch square pan.
• Measure oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, brown sugar and butter into a bowl.
• Using a pastry blender, mix together until crumbly.
• Pack half of the mixture into the pan.
• Spread cranberry sauce over the top.
• Put the remaining mixture on the top. Press down with your hand.
• Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until a rich golden brown.
• Cool completely in pan.
• Cut into 36 squares.
This is very good served warm with vanilla ice cream.