Date tried: 12-24-07
From: Thrifty Fun Recipes onlineSubmitted by: Mother Crumb
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 ½ cups buttermilk
1 cup cooked or moist packed prunes, drained, pitted and chopped
(or 1 cup applesauce)
2 cup sifted flour (can use 1 ½ cups whole wheat and ½ cup all-purpose)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. soda
¾ tsp. salt
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground cloves
½ tsp. nutmeg
½ tsp. ginger
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup golden raisins
Cream Cheese Frosting:
2 packages cream cheese (3oz. each)
4 tsp. lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
3-4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
• Cream butter and sugar.
• Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
• Add buttermilk and mix until smooth.
• Stir in prunes or applesauce.
• Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture, Mix well.
• Add nuts and raisins. Mix well.
• Turn into well greased bundt pan.
• Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
• Allow to cool in pan 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
• Spread on frosting.
• Beat cream cheese with lemon juice, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy.
• Add enough sugar to make right consistency to spread.