From: Taste of Home Christmas Cookies.
Submitted by: Mother Crumb
1 10 ounce package mint semisweet chocolate chips, divided
6 tablespoons butter, softened. (no substitutes)
1 cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Confectioners’ sugar to roll the balls in
• Over a double boiler, melt 1 cup chocolate chips. Set aside to cool.
• Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla.
• Add eggs, beating well.
• Beat in the melted chocolate chips.
• Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture and mix thoroughly.
• Mix in remaining chocolate chips.
• Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Roll into 1 inch balls, then roll in confectioners’ sugar.
• Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
• Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges are set and centers are almost set.
• Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Yield: 4 dozen cookies