From Kathy Squires in the Civilian Conservation Corps cookbook
*4-5 sweet potatoes (3-5 cups mashed)
* 3 eggs (beaten)
*1/2 cup raisins
*1 1/4 cup sugar (or less)
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 stick butter (softened)
*2/3 stick butter (softened)
*1/2 cup brown sugar
(cream butter and sugar together first)
*3 cups of Rice Krispies®
1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into thick slices. Take a 9x13 pan and spray it with cooking spray. Add a little water and add the sweet potatoes.
Cover with foild and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hr. When the potatoes are ready, mash them.
2. Combine mashed sweet potatoes with all other main ingredients.
3. Cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
4. Remove and add the topping (a large spoon will help you spread it evenly).
5. Bake again at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.