Originally Created by Mom
submitted by Marcia Brisson with some additions
(1) 12 oz. bag of tortilla chips (I like TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!®)
**you want about 6-8 cups of crushed chips or cooked rice. I prefer chips.
(1) 10 oz. can of tomato soup
(1) 10 oz. can of cream of mushroom soup
(1) 10 oz. can of water (from an emptied can above)
(1-2) cans of chopped green chilis
(1) lb. of hamburger
(1) lb. of cheddar cheese (or I really like Sargento® Fancy Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Cheese)
1. Crush the chips (not to dust, just about 1-2" pieces, not an exact science)
2. Brown the hamburger meat
3. Get a big bowl and mix everything together (but only 1/2 of the cheese)
Sometimes I like to mix everything and then add the chips and crush them into the wet mixture.
4. Stir it up with a big spoon and put it into a 9 x 13 ungreased pan and spread it out evenly
5. Cook at 350°F for 20 minutes
6. Take out and cover with the remaining 1/2 of the cheese & bake for an additional 10 minutes
Voila! Your guests will love you!
**I usually like to serve this with salsa (Pace® Picante) and Hidden Valley Ranch® on the side